Monday, August 16, 2010

Back to School!

Today is my second day of staff development and I've been up since about 3 am.!  Couldn't sleep...Pepe's fault!  He woke me up to say good bye.  Grant it, I slept most of Sunday.  I had a severe toothache all weekend long.  My Momma went out about 10-ish last night to buy some benzocane (spelling?)  That helped a great deal.  I've been working in my classroom, and it's looking great.  I'll try to add pics.  I'm feeling really good about this year.  My colleagues are so smart...feeling a little intimidated by all that I'll have to learn and plan for first grade:  lessons, guided reading, report card assessments, intervention, referrals (always happens, right!).  The Science TEKS are requiring "80% instructional time."  It'll work out!

I bought a Palm Pixi to keep up with calendar events.  It's awesome...may change it out for a Pre; haven't decided yet. 

I'm so proud of Pepe.  I don't know what I would have done if he hadn't helped me move in tables and bookcases from the portable.  He's so strong, and smart in ways I'll never be.  !Bendito sea Dios!

Marissa is ready for school.  New clothes!  New backpack!  New supplies!  She just needs a new pair of shoes.  I'm so proud of how much she already knows.  Hope she gets along with her peers!

Feeling greatful for Momma.  She's just moved to Dallas, but is here in Denton to take care of my Marissa, once again.  I'm indebted to her.  I love her so.

Hoping all of my colleagues have a wonderful year!

No comments:

Post a Comment