Saturday, April 10, 2010

Then and Now

Well, I've managed to finish the soaker;  I just have to stitch it together using the mattress stitch and then "lanolize" it!  It is so cute!  I can remember Marissa when she was that little.  How I wish I had taken up knitting back then.  Marissa would have had thousands of little things to wear!  Well, that was then and this is now. 

I've been navigating the web for just the right cardi pattern for Marissa (now 5) to wear to school year round (those classrooms can get chilly).  Funny thing is, I had it all along.  I subscribe to Creative Knitting Magazine and the pattern I've envisioned her wearing is in the March'10 issue.  It's called "Kid's Spring Cardigan" p. 58.  I haven't decided on yarn yet, but I want it to be washable and sturdy enough to withstand kindergarten life!  If you have any ideas, please let me know!

I'm embarrassed to write this, but I haven't started on my Shawl collared nipped-wasted sweater yet.  I finished the swatch for the parasol lace pattern, but I couldn't move forward until I felt sure on how to work the "cluster" stitch (do I knit the stitches after I wrap them?)  Sweaterbabe answered back and told me to do exactly what the pattern asked (don't knit them, just wrap them).  Don't think about it, just do it!  Okay, so why haven't you started, Nina (you may or may not be wondering)?  Well, I started the soaker and now I've started a baby jumpsuit for my friend Anna's baby boy (he's on the way, still cooking!)    Here's a pic of the beginning of a leg.  The pattern is from DROPS DESIGN

On a different note...I'm absolutely delighted about our neighborhood.  Marissa had some little friends over on Friday for "Movie Night!"  It was fun!  I sat and chatted with my neighbor Julie...she's awesome, and smart!  Funny how much women have in common.  She and I parent a lot a like, and that makes me so happy!  Hope to hang out with her a lot more...and scrap!

Well, I have to say God is good to me!  I'm greatful for Marissa and Pepe. 

Now, if I could just get that shawl cardi started!

No comments:

Post a Comment